We are currently seeking a Research Analyst to join our team in Perth to cover mining services stocks.
About the Role
As a member of the Research team you will perform fundamental and valuation analysis, and monitor, formulate and express views on ASX-listed mining services companies. This will include:
- Creating and maintaining financial models, followed by providing written reports of findings and recommendations.
- Continually contributing 'value adding' ideas to Advisers on trading opportunities.
- Dealing with client and Adviser requests for research and information.
- Assisting the Head of Research with various functions, including special research-related projects and road shows.
- Responding in a timely manner to any event that may impact the share price of a covered stock throughout the day.
- Building strong relationships with industry contacts to impute value into research with strong industry and technical insights.
Established in 1903, Patersons Securities Limited is one of Australia's leading wealth management, stockbroking and financial services firms. With an experienced client advisory team and extensive network of offices across Australia, we are well positioned to service the investment needs of our clients. Backed by an array of local and international expertise, Patersons investment advice is based upon thorough research and understanding of the market.
Your Skills and Expertise
- A tertiary qualification in a Commerce, Finance, Engineering or other related discipline.
- Previous experience in a similar role or relevant experience within mining services is required.
- Strong mathematical, statistical and analytical skills.
- The ability to develop independent ideas and communicate these in a clear fashion both verbally and in written form.
- A high level of organisational skills that enable deadlines to be met and multiple functions to be managed at any one time.
- A demonstrated ability to liaise with employees at all levels, including senior management.
- A demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, use initiative, be self-directed and work under minimal supervision.
Patersons is committed to developing a staff culture of camaraderie, with a focus on delivering the best outcomes to our clients. In addition to fulfilling the necessary skill set, all team members must display a sense of ability to deliver on our core values:
* Trusted * Transparent * Accountable * Connected * Warm * Proactive
For more information regarding the role, please contact:
(08) 9263 1198